Monday, June 18, 2007

Our Weekend

We went away for the weekend to my Grandma's. She lives in Southern Ohio. On Saturday we had a Family Reunion on my Grandma's side. There were close to 200 hundred people there and many, many others who were not able to make it. Here are only a few pictures I took (I took close to 200 pictures). We had a GREAT time. It was nice to see family who we usually do not see for another year.

This was a memorial table for those who have passed away. We lit a candle for each one starting with my Great Grandparents down to the lastest passing which was a cousin just losing a baby she was due for in July. Very sad!We have a silent auction as well as a live auction. This helps raise funds for our Reunions each year. It is usually a BIG hit! We had 7 tables FULL of items being sold. In this picture the lady happens to be my grandmother and my nephew.
This is not even part of the food that is provided. Each family usually brings dishes to pass. We NEVER run out of food. We definitely cannot go away hungry. There is always a good variety.
There are even games for the children as it is sometimes hard to occupy them or keep them out of trouble.
This year we did something different. We had a Family Tree. The picture in the middle of the tree is my Great Grandparents. The branches are their children and the leaves are those who were actually at the reunion. As you can see, there are quite a few empty spaces and even branches that have leaves not all their family was even there. Talk about a big family!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive