Tuesday, December 9, 2008


I could not find his hospital picture (GRRRR) so here is his 3 month picture...maybe I'm prejudice but he is HANDSOME!!!!

Oh where do I begin. 6 years ago on December 8th, about 3:00 in the morning is when it all began. It kind of felt like contractions but it really wasn't too bad. I could handle it. I had had one baby before but I had labor in my back so this was different (That birth is a totally different story we may get into in about another month) They were anywhere from 2-5 minutes apart. I was awake most of the night. I thought maybe my water had broke but wasn't really sure. I didn't want to go to the hospital for fear it was just false alarms. I didn't even wake my dear husband during this time. I got out of bed and walked the floors a bit and seemed to be better. I went back to bed and things would seem to happen again. This happened until around 7:00 AM I believe. It was a Sunday morning. When I arrived at church I was telling my Mom about it and she thought I probably should be checked out but I said I feel a little better now. By then the contractions had pretty much settled to one every hour or so. I was the pianist at that time. I got up there and played my heart away but feeling like I had wet myself. But it wasn't much so I really didn't think much of it. Long story short I did not go to the hospital that day. Monday December 9th, my mom said I better call the Dr just to make them awake of the situation. By this time I was feeling fine and contractions had pretty much stopped, but I still had that feeling of wetting myself but not much at all. I did obey Mother this time and reluctantly called the Dr. OF COURSE, they wanted me to come in to be seen. I WAS FINE I DIDN'T NEED TO BE SEEN!!!! I still had 2 weeks to go. If I remember correctly I don't believe I had even 'packed my bags' yet. So I did all that wonderful stuff. My doctor appt was at 2:30 that day. (Amazing some details you remember) Of course Mother needed to go with me JUST IN CASE. ANYWAY, we got to the doctors office and sat as usual. Finally they call me back, do all the necessary things, then the Dr walks in. Needless to say, when she check to see if my water had broken, THE DAY BEFORE, a FLOOD took place. My water had indeed broken and it had been 36 hours since that first feeling. I was then told of all the risks that could take place because it had been so long ago the water broke. I was to go IMMEDIATELY to the hospital (across the street) and I would immediately be hooked to antibiotics and all that junk. I walked out of the room to where my mom was sitting in the waiting room and couldn't hardly get the words out of my mouth ~ there was a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. ANYWAY, I know this story is probably long and boring for you but I like to walk down memory lane once in a while....I arrived at the hospital at 4:00 PM and did all the 'wonderful' things there. Finally at 10:00 PM I started having contractions again (with the help of the IV of course). At 11:50 PM, Zachary David Watters was born into this world ~ 6 lbs 14 ounces & 19 inches long. He has changed my life forever. He has made me a stronger person! He has helped my faith & trust in God to grow more than anyone will ever know. I've had to FULLY trust in God and lean HARD on Him at times for strength. We've been through quite a bit with Zachary in his little life. He is definitely a miracle. When he stands to testify in church (every service ~ puts me to shame sometimes) my mommy's heart does flip flops! All he says is I love Jesus but that means more that a thousand words. He can always be found with a smile on his face and something quirky to say to you. That's my little guy! Zachary, mommy loves you with all her heart. Keep your heart open to Jesus! You are a special little boy! Happy 6TH Birthday!
What a little man he has grown into! Can't you just see the orneriness in his eyes!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive