Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Family Fun Day

As many know (and many may not) I am homeschooling Abigail this year and she is doing GREAT! She enjoys that she is able to go away for a few days but is able to take her work with her. As with any school, there are some rewards! We had told Abigail after she had finished her first quarter of work she would be able to go to a 'special place' of her choosing. Sort of like a school field trip. My parents had been to the Butterfly House in Whitehouse, Ohio and Abigail thought that sounded nice. With the busyness of every day life we had not been able to take her anywhere yet. We knew the Butterfly House would be closing soon so we finally made a little time to go down there. It's actually only a 45 minute drive from our house so that made it nice also. Here are just a few pictures I took. Believe me there are MANY MANY more. I go overboard sometime LOL. You were not allowed to touch the butterfly's but from time to time they would land on you. Abigail & Zachary LOVED this. Zachary would say I just want to stand or sit still so one will land on me. Maybe that is what I need to invest in ~ a Butterfly House ~ then I can get him to stand/sit still LOL Enjoy the pictures!



Abigail & Zachary in front of the Butterfly House


Zachary had a butterfly land on his chest....Hannah had a butterfly on her nose of all places!




This is their "drinking fountain" (don't really know what they call it) they are scrubby's with water in them for the butterfly's to drink...A butterfly landed on my DH's shoulder


Dad and Mom waiting for a butterfly to land on them




My little butterfly's Abigail & Zachary




Mommy & Daddy with their butterfly's




Naomi & Hannah



My butterfly parents




My beautiful butterfly Abigail



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was a Mule Drawn Canal Boat...they didn't have the boat going today. We were able to look around on the boat though. We are going to try to go back someday when the rides are going. Sounds very interesting!





The inside of the boat


My Sweetheart & I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a bed & breakfast house that allowed you to tour their house and things around their yard. Usually they let you tour their rooms but this was their Apple Butter Festival Weekend and they were full. We were allowed to go in the back so here are a few pictures.


I can only imagine what he is thinking!


My Sweetheart & I


Is he trying to escape!!! (HA HA)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


ENJOYING ICE CREAM AT THE OLD FASHION ICE CREAM PARLOR, GRAND RAPIDS, OHIO










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENJOYING THE WATER AT ONE OF THE PARKS IN GRAND RAPIDS, OHIO








This picture turned out a little dark but I LOVE the background of the sunset!

No comments:

Blog Archive